Quick, timely considerations for your Purina cattle mineral program.
- It can be beneficial to provide organic trace mineral sources to cows as they head into the last trimester. Trace minerals can boost colostrum quality and help in the development of healthy calves. Use a cattle mineral with Availa® 4 60 to 90 days pre-calving.
- If you have dormant forages and are providing cattle supplements, make sure your mineral provides enough phosphorus to meet cattle needs.
- Tubs can provide a consistently consumed, easy-access form of cattle mineral when weather conditions are variable.
- It’s common for cattle to get bored and overconsume mineral in a dry-lot setting. Consider mixing cattle mineral into the total mixed ration (TMR) to control consumption.
- Make sure a cattle mineral feeder is in a winter-accessible location, and keep the cattle mineral feeder clear of snow when possible.
minerals today through the Feed Greatness® Challenge