The Numbers Don’t Lie
The profitability of your herd depends on bred heifers and bred cows. A key to achieving reproductive success is a high-quality cattle nutrition program.
85 Days to Rebreed
Cows should rebreed within 85 days to have one calf per year. But did you know more than half of the operations in the U.S. do not have a defined breeding window?1
60-Day Calving Window
The gold standard for bred heifers and bred cows is 95% calving within a 60-day calving window. The benefit? A uniform calf crop, heavier weights when weaning calves and more income opportunity.
6 Body Condition Score
Cows calving at body condition score 6 have shown to rebreed with 88% conception rates or greater.2Maintaining year-round cow condition can mean more bred heifers and bred cows at the end of each breeding season.
One Cattle Nutrition Program
Forages and pasture quality change. Weather is unpredictable. But, there’s one thing you can always control – cattle nutrition. The Purina®
All Seasons™ Cattle Nutrition Program helps you achieve your goals.
- Improved cattle conception rates, more bred heifers and bred cows
- A tighter calving window, more calves on the ground quicker and heavier weights when weaning calves
- Consistent body condition score year-round through cattle mineral and supplement
- Flexible, proven solutions to customize your breeding plan for cattle
See the Results for Yourself
From cattle mineral and supplements to complete feeds, we’ve got your cattle nutrition needs covered.
Let’s outline a cattle nutrition program to meet your breeding goals.
Start with Proof Pays
Newest Addition to the Purina® Wind and Rain® Mineral Lineup
Purina® Wind and Rain® ProCycleTM is an elite, cutting-edge cattle mineral with proven consistent consumption designed to get cows bred, keep them bred and deliver to your bottom-line.
Cattle Mineral and Cattle Supplements to Fit Your Herd’s Needs
Cattle supplements and mineral, like Wind and Rain® Mineral and Accuration® supplements help maintain consistent body condition scores year-round, ultimately improving cattle conception rates.
More Breeding and Cattle Nutrition Tips from Team Purina®
Cattle Tips Delivered to Your Inbox
Sign-up for our monthly management emails and learn from Purina experts. Each month, we’ll send timely information straight to your inbox. From tips on weaning calves and preg checking cows to selecting the best mineral for cattle and everything in between, we’ve got you covered.Sign-Up Now
Learn More About Cattle Nutrition on Social Media
- 1USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. “Calving Management Practices on U.S. Beef Cow-calf Operations.” NAHMS. Veterinary Services Info Sheet February 2009. Accessed Nov. 2, 2017, https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/nahms/beefcowcalf/downloads/beef0708/Beef0708_is_CalvingMgmt.pdf1
- 2 Rasby, R. J., Stalker, A., and Funston, R.N. “Body condition scoring beef cows: A tool for managing the nutrition program for beef herds.” UNL Beef Extension EC 281, accessed Nov. 2, 2017, http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/ec281.pdf