1. Feed newborn calves 4 quarts of high quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle or esophageal feeder within 1 hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
2. Consult with your veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. Coli, rota and corona virus, clostridium and salmonella.
3. For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip or power mixer while adding powder to
110- 120° F. water. Use a thermometer to assure correct water temperature to avoid product separation and scalding. Feed milk replacer at 100- 105° F.
4. Begin feeding milk replacer on day 2 and provide fresh, clean low sodium (<50ppm) water along with a high quality, palatable calf starter on a free-choice basis.
5. At the start of weaning, transition calves from twice per day feeding to once per day feeding. This will encourage the calf to eat more calf starter and assures an effective weaning.
6. Wean only if calf is eating at least 3 lbs calf starter for 3 consecutive days.