Trace minerals are required for cattle for a variety of functions, including immunity, reproduction, growth and digestion.
Trace minerals are found from both organic and inorganic sources, and include zinc, manganese, copper and cobalt. Organic trace minerals for cattle are superior because they provide enhanced gut absorption and improved bioavailability.
Organic trace minerals are found in feedstuffs, but there are no guarantees cattle will get what they need from their forages alone. Most standard minerals contain inorganic trace mineral sources, which have lower gut absorption. Mineral formulations with organic trace minerals, like Purina Wind and Rain® Storm® Mineral
4, can help meet cattle needs.
Organic trace minerals for cattle are important to help support overall health, performance and reproduction.
Cows fed organic trace minerals can:
- Produce healthy calves with strong immune systems
- Produce optimal quality colostrum
- Recover from calving quicker, return to estrous faster and get bred sooner1,2
Organic trace minerals for cattle are even more important during stressful events or when environmental conditions are poor.
Stressful times to use organic trace minerals, include:
- Pre-calving, when a cow is transferring nutrients to her developing calf
- During bull development and pre-breeding to improve scrotal circumference, semen quantity and semen quality
- Through breeding, for optimal reproductive results
- For calves at weaning time
- Year-round if there are stress factors or antagonisms in the environment
The addition of organic trace minerals for cattle doesn’t have to break the budget either. It costs only pennies per head per day, an investment worthy of the potential performance benefits over inorganic minerals.
Set your herd up for success
A complete, quality mineral positively impacts fetal development, immune function, bone development, nervous system function, fertility, muscle development, milk production, and skin, hair and hoof quality.
Wind and Rain®
Minerals are expertly-formulated and balanced to maximize trace mineral absorption, paying dividends through optimized herd performance. See the impact on your cattle with a 90-day mineral trial
1 Zinpro Corporation, TB-B-5019, 2004.
2 Zinpro Corporation, TB-B-5012, 2004.