Always weigh Doe’s Match Kid Milk Replacer powder for accurate mixing.
Mix 6 ounces (0.37 pound) of Doe’s Match Kid Milk Replacer in 1 quart (2 pints) of 110-120° F. water by slowly adding powder to water while stirring.
Hand feeding guidelines
Use the following schedule as a guideline for feeding reconstituted milk replacer:
TABLE: Age of Kid (days) No. Feedings Per Day Ounces of Solution/Feeding
1 4 Colostrum
2-3 4 4
4-5 3 6
6-10 2 12
11-weaning 2 20-28 (1.25-1.75 +I10+I11
1. Keep all equipment used for mixing and feeding thoroughly cleaned.
2. Newborn kids should receive colostrum as soon after birth as possible (within 3-4 hours).
3. When hand feeding by bottle or shallow pan, milk replacer should be about 100 to 105° F.
4. Consult with your veterinarian on a dry doe and kid vaccination
program, including, but not limited to E. coli, clostridium and salmonella.
5. Always provide fresh, clean, free choice water and provide a high quality dry feed on a free-choice basis.
6. If scouring occurs due to bacterial infection, kids may need treatment with an oral antibiotic. If scours persist, seek assistance from your local veterinarian.