NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT
INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Use of Mobile Device: If you enter the Sweepstakes, post updates to or receive updates from a social media
platform via SMS from your wireless phone, your entry may be subject to message and data charges. Please consult
your wireless service provider for more information.
- ELIGIBILITY. The “Honor Roll Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is Sponsored by Purina Animal
Nutrition LLC and is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the fifty
(50) United States and the District of Columbia who are the age of majority in their state of residence. The
Sweepstakes is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia; and where prohibited or
restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsors, and their parents, subsidiaries, divisions,
advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings,
grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each
such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and
advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible sweepstakes territory, and
entrants must be present in the eligible Sweepstakes territory at the time they enter.
- TIMING. The Sweepstakes entry period commences on March 4, 2020 (12:00:01 a.m. CDT) and
continues through and including December 31, 2020 (11:59:59 p.m. CDT) (“Entry Period”). Sponsors’ computer is
the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER. Entrants can enter by: (1) going to www.purinamills.com/honorroll and
submitting the information required which will include uploading an original photo in digital format of entrant
and Purina-fed animal that has won an award at a show, as more fully described in the Honor Roll Awards Proram.
Award must be for: Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, Breed Champion, Supreme Champion, or Reserve Supreme
Champion. Submission must also include date and location of photo and show; OR
(2) Sending his/her complete name (no initials), valid e-mail address, street address (P.O. Boxes not
accepted), city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY) on a 3½”x5” card (“Mail-In
Entry”) and mailing it with sufficient postage to: Honor Roll Sweepstakes, c/o Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Attn:
Michelle Hill, 200 South 6th Street, Suite 4000, Minneapolis, MN 55402. All Mail-In Entries must be postmarked
no later than December 31, 2020and received on or before January 7, 2021 in order to be eligible. Only one entry
allowed per outside envelope.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITS: Photo Guidelines:
- Photo submissions must be in .jpeg, .tiff or .png format, and must be able to be uploaded to
- Photo should not depict anyone other than entrant and/or their children, or if other individuals are
shown, entrant must have permission to use such individual’s image; if photo depicts any minors, the entrant
must be minors’ parent or legal guardian.
- Photo must be the original work of the entrant, have not been submitted previously in a promotion of any
kind, have not previously won any awards or been exhibited, displayed publicly, or published through any
- Photo must not disparage or misrepresent Sponsor, its products, Administrator or any other person, brand
or company or their products, or communicate messages inconsistent with the positive image of the Sponsor’s
name and/or any of its brands.
- Photo must not contain brand names, logos, or trademarks or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or
phraseology) other than those owned by Sponsor, or reference any celebrity or other public figure.
- Photo must not contain nudity or violence, or material that is sexually explicit or suggestive,
inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or promotes the
consumption or use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms, or weapons, or any activities that are or
may be unsafe or dangerous.
- Photo must not contain any personal identification, such as names, street, street numbers, email
addresses, or phone numbers.
- Photo must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or
individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation, profession or age; photo must not promote any political message or agenda.
- Photo must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable federal, state
or local laws or regulations in any state where entry is created, or otherwise be objectionable in Sponsor’s
- Entrant must not be under a contractual, employment or other obligation to provide the photo to any other
individual or entity as part of an exclusive obligation, first right of refusal or similar obligation.
- Photo must not contain any matter that is obscene, offensive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate in
Sponsor’s opinion. The content of the photo must not violate or infringe on any other person’s rights,
including but not limited to copyright or privacy rights. All Entries are subject to approval and may be
removed at any time.
- TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of the prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
- DRAWINGS; ODDS; NOTIFICATION. On or about January 10, 2021, Sponsor or its designee will randomly select three (3) potential winners from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes for the Entry Period. A selected entrant must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. A potential winner will be notified by phone, mail, courier, and/or email. A potential winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Sponsor for the applicable Entry Period. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet their Sweepstakes schedule.
One (1) First Prize: One (1) Trip-for-Two to a VIP Event at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center in Gray Summit, Missouri. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $2,800.00.
Two (2) Second Prizes: Two (2) second prize winners will each receive one (1) Weaver Leather Livestock Cattle Show Box filled with various cattle show products and accessories (including but not limited to shampoos, brushes, buckets, dye, and more), and Purina feed products. ARV: $1,000 each.
ARV for all Prizes available in the Sweepstakes is five thousand dollars $4,800.00. First Prize and Second Prizes may be referred to collectively herein as “Prizes.” Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, only three (3) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes.
The winners will be solely responsible for any additional features, upgrades, or options to the Prizes. The winners are solely responsible for any and all obligations, costs, fees, all federal, state and local taxes, assessments and expenses related to the Prizes, including, but not limited to, sales or income tax, luxury tax, destination charges, registration, license requirements, title and license fees, insurance, tax, gas, maintenance, additional equipment or accessories, and all other costs associated with transporting, claiming, registering, owning, or using the Prizes. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Limit one (1) prize per person. No cash or other substitution, assignment, or transfer of Prizes is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, but has no obligation, to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable value. Prizes will be awarded to individual winning participants and should be retained by such individuals only in conformity with these Official Rules.
Travel for First Prize winner must occur between March 6, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Trip consists of: Round trip coach airfare for two (2), one (1) or two (2) hotel rooms for two (2) nights depending on the nature of the relationship between winner and guest (maximum of four (4) room nights total), one (1) $100 prepaid card to cover meals, access to the Purina Animal Nutrition Center, transportation at Sponsor’s discretion to and from the airport, to and from the hotel and the Purina Animal Nutrition Center, and to and from any additional events that Sponsor might deem appropriate in its sole discretion. First Prize winner and guest must travel on the same flight itinerary and comply with all security requirements. First Prize winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel within the United States. Photo identification and credit card or cash deposit may be required at any time for incidental charges (e.g., room service, use of telephone/IT services, laundry and all other optional extra services not provided in the First Prize). If First Prize winner elects to travel or partake in the First Prize with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded. First Prize winner and guest must travel on dates to be coordinated with and approved by Sponsor, and in the event the guest is a minor, the guest must be the child or legal ward of the Winner. First Prize winner must accept the prize as stated or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Selection of airport, airline, hotel, event seating assignments, and travel date options are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the winner’s address is determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be close enough to the Purina Animal Nutrition Center such that air travel appears impractical, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including airline flights) beyond its control, but Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, reschedule any such events or travel details. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of First Prize Winner and guest. Prepaid cards are not redeemable for cash and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Prepaid card usage is subject to the issuing company’s complete terms and conditions, including expiration dates. All travel and accommodations are subject to availability, change and restrictions. First Prize Winner and guest will be required to sign a travel/publicity release. The difference between any stated value and actual value will not be awarded to First Prize Winner. Actual retail value of prize may vary, based on specific travel details. The difference between the ARV and the actual retail value, if any, will not be awarded in cash or otherwise compensated to Winner.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value (including cash) if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Unused components of the prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. If applicable, winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 and/or other applicable tax documents for the actual retail value of the prize. Winners are solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the prize. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and their designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in their sole discretion to award the applicable prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
- RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
- 10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
- DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal or state courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
- THIRD-PARTY PLATFORM GUIDELINES. To the extent the Sweepstakes is conducted through any third-party platform, (a) entrant shall adhere to all platform guidelines, and (b) the Official Rules shall be subject to modification, without notice, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to comply with any governing and platform-specific guidelines or requirements. It is the responsibility of each person participating in the Sweepstakes to comply with third party platform guidelines and to check for any update(s) to the Official Rules. In the event entrants create accounts in order to enter the Sweepstakes more than once, such entrant will be ineligible to participate or win. Multiple posts of duplicate or near duplicate content in a single day may cause entrant to be ineligible to participate or win. Entrants may only post content that they own or have the right to use (post) and entries must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. Entrants completely release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability relating to the Sweepstakes and entrants acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way Sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available online at www.purinamills.com/honorroll or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Honor Roll Sweepstakes – Rules Request,” Purina Animal Nutrition LLC, Lauren Davis, MS 5355, 4001 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126 .
- WINNER’S LIST. To request a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “Honor Roll Sweepstakes - Winner List Request,” Purina Animal Nutrition LLC, Lauren Davis, MS 5355, 4001 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126. Requests must be received by March 10, 2021.
SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is: Purina Animal Nutrition LLC, Lauren Davis, MS 5355, 4001 Lexington Ave N, Arden Hills, MN 55126.