Feed AntlerMax® Professional Hi-Energy Breeder 16 feed to deer in confinement. For best results feed free-choice in a covered trough or self-feeder. This is a high fiber feed and should supply necessary nutrients and fiber. However, animals in confinement may exhibit fewer behavioral problems such as hair pulling, fence chewing, etc. if hand fed a small amount of good quality legume hay several times a week. About 0.25 lb of hay per 100 lb of body weight 3 times per week is usually sufficient. Consumption should be in the range of 2% to 4% of body weight per day.
This product may be fed to elk.
This feed contains added copper and should not be fed to sheep. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
Regulations for the feeding of big game can vary from state to state. Please check with your local game and fish department for the proper usage of this product.
1. A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions, and the quality of the management practices.
2. Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
3. Provide salt free-choice.
4. When changing rations, the change should be made gradually over a period of 7-10 days. Gradually reduce the amount of old ration while gradually increasing the amount of new ration until the ration change is complete.
5. This feed contains vitamin and mineral levels adequate for most situation